Wednesday 17 November 2010

To Goth or not to Goth?.......

New From Fifi....

So I have a dilemma...
For my collection I have decided to go for the SPORTS LUXE concept with a Goth feel, due to the aggressive nature Francis Bacon (My inspiration) painted his art and his dark life and view in Life.
I feel the dark Gothic aesthetic would be really edgy and more fashion forward if done right using wools, jersey, leather and lace.
Black and grey are the base colours with yellow stripes to give it the sporty element. The yellow stripes element is inspired by the picture below (Francis Bacon).



My dilemma now is whether to actually go all the way Goth or to introduce colour and make it a more colourfull collection based on the colours from Francis Bacon's paintings, which would still be dark but not predominately black. 


 Solution...
I will produce two final line ups taking into consideration the two Colour concepts and from there will then see how to merge the two together or whether I could turn the two into a whole collection and produce a PR and marketing strategy.

No comments: