Wednesday 5 January 2011

MENSWEAR S/S 2011

New From Fifi....

I had an insightful few weeks of just looking into designers that have influenced me along the way and that will probably continue to inspire my design development and see how they continue to create new collections but still remain true to themselves and to their design aesthetic.

I have always been a womenswear designer, i love the shapes and form clothes give to woman and visa versa, but now more than ever I have been really into menswear. Menswear has changed alot, as designers are more open to experiment with feminine features that still embodies masculinity in design. I have come to the realisation that I may have a calling for menswear design in the future. I have been doing my own separate sketchbook, outside my graduate collection, just looking into the idea of combining feminine aesthetics into masculine structures and materials. 

For now I want to share with you the menswear labels that I have had great inspiration from. 



ARIA COMPANY S/S 2011






ATO S/S 2011



[PICTURE COURTESY OF MxDANDY BLOG: MxDandy



ETHOSENS S/S 2011


I am in love with this collection. Like my collection their is a real feel of Sports Luxe in this collection with clever use of material and cut. It has that relaxed feel to it, with the mix of sweater material and jersey, but also classic in cut.
















[PICTURES COURTESY OF SUNDAY ESSENTIALS- Sunday Essentials





No comments: